- Toxic Torts Defense
- Toxic Torts Lawyers
HKM attorneys provide sound strategy, focused advice, and comprehensive evaluations and recommendations for our clients during the course of litigation. HKM draws upon the many insights our attorneys have gained working with a diverse range of clients over the last three decades.
We put our pride in winning trials or designing innovative global settlements behind our clients’ desire to focus on business and stay off the litigation radar.
Clients call HKM toxic tort lawyers because:
- We listen.
- We test assumptions.
- We anticipate and prepare.
- We put boots on the ground.
- We make certain you understand risks and long term consequences.
- We communicate.
- We execute.
- We get you back to business.
Our Litigation and Management Philosophy
HKM’s litigation philosophy is founded on the importance of early and ongoing case evaluations.
- HKM attorneys strive to identify critical issues early on and make recommendations to handle the case appropriately.
- We work closely with clients to determine which cases should be pressed to trial and which should be resolved early on.
- The trademark of our success is that HKM lawyers are not afraid to try a lawsuit if necessary – and our opposing counsel know it.
- We approach toxic tort cases with a historical perspective, marshalling our talents in developing strategies to defend claims which are often based on allegations of decades-old exposure.
Our lawyers participate in a series of self-designed litigation programs to further develop the firm’s insight into successful approaches during the defense of particular product manufacturers. The programs we offer include:
- Risk management assessment
- Information management services
- Litigation management services
In the process, we develop a clear sense of what works and what doesn’t in the defense of a product manufacturer on a national and regional level.
We have also developed a strong connection with local counsel in the states in which we are asked to defend our clients. HKM has connections to many of the best experts in the country to assist our client in evaluating the claim.
Our attorneys also have a strong litigation support team, using innovative techniques to help us manage document review and production, however small or large, to allow for ongoing effective and efficient review during the litigation and for presentation at motions or trial, as needed. Over many years we have gathered and indexed thousands of records, exhibits and expert depositions that provide a crucial historical perspective on common legacy issues.