Recognized in multiple practice areas, Bill Moran has distinguished himself as an accomplished litigator. He regularly represents consumer, commercial and industrial product manufacturers, retailers and insurers.
In addition to his Minnesota trial work, he has built a strong national reputation for defending clients in product liability claims involving:
- Playground equipment
- Disposable lighters
- Farm machinery
- Industrial machinery
- Building products
- Construction defects
- Class actions
Bill is admitted to practice in the state courts of Minnesota and federal district courts in Minnesota, Nebraska, the Western District of Wisconsin, the United States Courts of Appeal for the 7th and 8th Circuits and the United States Supreme Court. Bill has also appeared pro hac vice in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He has an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating in the distinguished legal directory, Martindale-Hubbell.*
He is a frequent lecturer and author for continuing education programs, seminars and law school classes. Bill is a former Associate Editor and contributing author for Minnesota Defense (the publication of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association).
Bill received his J.D., cum laude, from the William Mitchell College of Law and his B.A., with honors, from St. John’s University.
*AV® is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
- John Wilbur v State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, No. A15-1438,2017 WL 1245282 (Minn. April 5, 2017)
- Young v. Pollock Engineering Group, Inc., 428 F.3d 786 (8th Cir. 2005)
- Ball v. BIC Corp., 2000 WL 33312192 (E.D. Mo. 2000)
- Austin v. Super Valu, Inc., 31 F.3d 615 (8th Cir. 1994)
- Todd v. Societe BIC, S.A., 21 F.3d 1402 (7th Cir. 1994)
- Lawyer of Distinction
- Minnesota Super Lawyer
- Madison’s Who’s Who
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®*
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association