Mike Mather is an associate in HKM's Civil Litigation and Products Liability groups, practicing in the areas of:
- Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services and Business Litigation
- Insurance Related Litigation
- Product Liability Defense
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
Mike has represented clients through all stages of the litigation lifecycle, from initial case filing through trial and appeal. His practice spans several subject matters, including litigation arising from shareholder disputes, non-competition agreements, banking and real estate transactions, product liability claims, and other complex commercial transactions. As part of his insurance practice, Mike handles litigation related to insurance coverage and bad faith claims.
He is admitted to practice law in Minnesota and Wisconsin, and has experience litigating matters in both state and federal court.
Mike received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Wisconsin Law School. While in law school, he interned in the Civil Litigation Unit of the Wisconsin Department of Justice, handling prisoner civil rights matters. He also served on the Law School's Moot Court Executive Board, and wrote the competition problem for the 2012 Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, hosted by the University of Wisconsin Law School. Mike also served as the Co-Chair of the Wisconsin State High School Mock Trial Program from 2014-2015.
In his free time, Mike enjoys playing softball and golf, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Honors & Memberships
- Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Change is Afoot: Amendments to the Minnesota Rules of Civil Procedure, Effective July 1, 2018
- Effective Date Looms for Minnesota Revised Limited Liability Company Act – Is Your LLC Ready for 2018 and Beyond?, December 2017
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services (SMRLS), Volunteer Attorney